>Academic WorldQuest: Final Sample Questions
Posted: February 1, 2010 Filed under: Academic WorldQuest
Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days until the 2010 Academic WorldQuest. And with just three days left, time is a-runnin’ out. So here they are. The final 10 sample questions. A word to the wise: handle them with care, because these are it. We suggest recreating test-like conditions (i.e.: timing yourself – remember you’ll have 30 seconds.)
The following questions are in no specific order and are not apart of this year’s event. Sample Questions 1-6 are on our Facebook page. We begin with question 7. The answers are at the end.
7. This country, with a higher standing of living and no standing army, is often called “the Switzerland of Central America.”
8. How many times zones span Russia?
9. On October 9, 2009, it was announced President Barack Obama was to be awarded the _______.
10. The primary ingredient in hummus, a traditional Middle Eastern dip or spread, is ____?
11. The Three Gorges Dam, which is the largest in the world, is located in which country?
B. South Korea
12. Where are the headquarters of the Al-Jeezera TV network located?
A. Tehran, Iran
B. Dubai, U.A.E.
C. Doha, Qatar
D. Islamabad, Pakistan
13. November 1989 saw the dismantling of this concrete structure, a fixture in Europe for over a quarter of a century.
14. What is the largest country (in terms if land mass) in Africa?
15. Which is the only Southeast Asian country never to be taken over by a European power?
16. This monetary symbol represents which currency?
We’ll see you soon!
7. Costa Rica
9. Nobel Peace Prize
10. Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans
13. Berlin Wall